|February 11, 2012 10:00||to||February 12, 2012 18:00|
|March 10, 2012 10:00||to||March 11, 2012 18:00|
|April 21, 2012 10:00||to||April 22, 2012 18:00|
|April 28, 2012 10:00||to||April 29, 2012 18:00|
|May 12, 2012 10:00||to||May 13, 2012 18:00|
Yoga Works offers a cohesive, multi-specialist approach to teacher training that blends the best of the Yoga tradition from the East and West. Our faculty is comprised of highly-trained, experienced, inspiring professionals with a profound understanding of Yoga’s transformative power.
At the cornerstone of our teaching philosophy is the idea that the concepts of Yoga must be first understood through the body and the dynamic, conscious practice of asana. the YogaWorks method is a blending of the three strands of the Krishnamacharya lineage-Ashtanga, Iyengar and the teachings of Desikachar coupled with the unique approach to sequencing that is specifically designed to meet the needs of the average yoga student. From Ashtanga the method incorporates heat and flow, from Iyengar precise detailed instructions and from the teachings of Desikachar, posture modifications-the idea that the practice should fit the practitioner. Our programs emphasize a student’s personal practice as the source for their creative teaching, and include a comprehensive study of the techniques and mechanics of fundamental yoga postures, as well as the tools necessary to teach and inspire others. To deepen their education students will also study functional anatomy and physiology, explore Yoga’s philosophical underpinnings, practice meditation and pranayama, and investigate the ancient science of Ayurveda.
200 Hours Teacher Training Program
The foundational (200–hour) program is ideal for serious students of yoga and aspiring teachers. It is recognized by Yoga Alliance and comprises three areas of study: 1. The Theory and Practice of Yoga 2.Yoga Philosophy and 3.The Art of Teaching.
Students who complete the 200-hr teacher-training program will:
- Deepen their practice and understanding of yoga
- Know how to structure and create a cohesive, well-rounded class
- Acquire an understanding of yoga philosophy
- Build relationships with highly experienced yoga teachers
- Become a member of a learning community that includes well-renowned teachers worldwide
- Have the confidence and tools to begin teaching yoga
- Qualifies students to register with Yoga Alliance at the 200-hour level
1. The Theory and Practice of Yoga
The curriculum will include a comprehensive study of the foundations, techniques, and mechanics of fundamental yoga postures with an emphasis on deepening the student’s personal practice and recognizing and honoring it as the source for inspiration and creative teaching.
- Intensive asana study
- Beginning anatomy and physiology
- Introduction to meditation
- Principles of pranayama
- Understanding restorative yoga
- Introduction to ayurveda
- Overview of subtle body/chakra system
- Introduction to pre-natal yoga
2. Yoga Philosophy
Over 2,000 years ago the sage Patanjali described the process of Yogic movement toward higher consciousness and peace in his treatise “The Yoga Sutras.” His teachings are a living, practical model that, once understood, can be applied to all aspects of daily life. This course will introduce students to the wealth of inspiration available in the Yoga Sutras.
3. The Art of Teaching
The art of teaching is a form of yoga in itself requiring sensitivity, compassion and practice. A teacher must encourage and inspire, and be sensitive to both the needs of individuals and those of the group. The practical and subtle aspects involved in teaching addressed in this course include.
- How to be an effective teacher
- Use of voice, body language, touch
- The art and science of sequencing
- Learning how to see and understand bodies
- The purpose and use of props: in personal practice and class setting
- Hands on adjustments
- Practice Teaching
Schedule for 200 Hours Teacher Training for:
Level A (100 hours) (In English) (Extensive Format)(5 Weekends):
Dates: February 11,12 / March 10,11 / April 21,22 / April 28,29 / May 12,13
For information & registration call:
211 408 8871
697 953 4290
More information: http://www.yogaworks.com