Ubisoft’s Imagine series, mostly released on the DS and Wii, reached the 1million annual sales mark in 2008. The Imagine series consists of a broad range of job and life aspirations to play out, with Imagine: Ballet Dancer which is released this week being the latest one. It targets the casual gamer market and specifically young teenage girls who might own a pink coloured DS.
In order for Metacritic to show an average score, a minimum number of reviews have to be published by “reputable” print publications or websites. I checked the Imagine series and while there are 12 Imagine games listed, none of them have an average score. The only site that published a review is IGN. I find it extraordinary that such a popular product is not being commented on, even by casual game sites or other mainstream entertainment sites. Also who should review these games? And whose opinion matters most? That of adults reviewing it or the young girls for whom the games have been developed?
One can easily find reviews or comments for toys, kids movies and books. Why not for games like Imagine: Ballet Dancer? As much as the industry has expanded its audience in the past couple few years to include more and more people it still has a long way to go to really cater their needs.
Oh yes, Killzone 2 is my game of the week.
- Killzone 2 (PS3)
- Halo Wars (360)
- Silent Hill: Homecoming (360, PS3, PC)
- Winter Sports 2009 (360, Wii Fit compatible, DS)
- Army of Men: Soldiers of Misfortune (Wii, DS)
- Dead Rising: Chop till you drop (Wii)
- Famili Skii and Snowboard (Wii Fit compatible)
- Onechanbara:Bikini Zombie Slayers (Wii)
- Tom Clancy’s: End War (PC)
- Men of War (PC)
- Ceville (PC)
- Necrovision (PC)
- Warleaders: Clash of Nations (PC)
- Cryostasis: Sleep of Reason (PC)
- Hello Kitty Roller Rescue (PC)
- Populous (DS)
- Spectrobes: Beyond the Portals (DS)
- My Pet Shop (DS)
- Let’s Play: Fashion Designer (DS)
- Let’s Play: Pet Hospitals
- Let’s Play: Firemen (DS)
- Hello, Pocoyo (DS)
- Imagine: Ballet Dancer (DS)
- Dropcast (DS)
- Boing! Docomodake (DS)
- Cookieshop (DS)